Meet Tsering Choedon, one of the first-time runners/walkers who is joining the #ACAS25 #TOWaterfront42 Charity Challenge to help ACAS (Asian Community AIDS Services) raise $25,000 for our 25th Anniversary in support of East and Southeast Asians living with HIV and members of the LGBTQ communities. Tsering has set a fundraising goal of $5,000 and has raised close to $500 since the campaign was launched three weeks ago. This is what Tsering has to say:
“TASHI DELEK! HELLO EVERYONE! SUPPORT ME, TSERING CHOEDON, TO RAISE FUNDS FOR ACAS AT THE 2019 SCOTIABANK TORONTO WATERFRONT CHARITY CHALLENGE!
Dear families and friends,
Please help me raise $5,000 dollars to benefit the Asian Canadian living with HIV. I am delighted to say that it is my first time participating in this meaningful event at the Scotia Bank Toronto #TorontoWaterfront42 Charity Challenge!
You can donate NOW at: NOW: https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=4531910
I really hope to reach my goal of $5000 as this will help provide continual support and specialized services at ACAS for people living with HIV, Toronto, Canada. I am counting on you, my friends and community members, to donate generously! Your generosity and support will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your kind generosity. Any donations above $20 will receive a tax receipt.
With Giving Gift,
ACAS #TOWaterfront42K CHARITY CHALLENGE UPDATE
Thanks to your commitment support, we are pleased to announce ACAS has reached 20 runners and walkers since the launch of the #ACAS25 Scotiabank #TOWaterfront42K Charity Challenge campaign! In each weekly update, we will include a special feature. This week, we will feature our first time runner, Tsering Choeden.
HELP US REACH OUR GOAL!
Currently, we have raised close to $2,000 out of our ambitious $25,000 goal. With your support and generosity, we know you can help us reach our target to provide support for East and Southeast Asians living with HIV and Queer and Trans Asian Youth!
WHY JOIN US AS RUNNER/WALKER OR DONATE FOR THE CAUSE
We at ACAS are committed to providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services for East and Southeast Asians including people living with HIV and members of the 2SLGBTIQ+ community. Your engagement with our annual charity challenge will ensure that our service users receive the much needed services in the best manner possible.
HOW WILL THE MONEY RAISED BE SPENT
All funds raised will help elevate our ability to provide care and support our service users:
- 50% of the funds raised will provide opportunities for Asian service users living with HIV the opportunity to attend a biennial Holistic Health Retreat and support emergency financial needs through the Dr. Kirby Hsu PHA Fund;
- 30% of the funds will help support additional project costs such as the provision of honouraria that is not covered by our funders so we can build the capacities of queer and trans Asian youth to become future leaders in our community;
- Lastly, 20% of the funds will help cover organizational overhead and administration costs which are not provided for by funders in the ever competitive and precarious funding environment.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help us with the cause by registering as a runner/walker or become one of our sponsors. You can register now at
Please refer to https://run4acas.tumblr.com/registration to get the charity discount PIN code and details on how to register for the race.
WHICH TEAM DO YOU FANCY?
Currently, we have 5 teams you can join as a runner/walker. Amongst the teams, our Support Program team Love Fearlessly is currently in the lead with $1,080.
1. Love Fearlessly (Support Program; Team Leader: Andrew Miao)
Join Team Love Fearlessly here:
2. ACAS25 (Community Engagement Team; Team Leader: Christian Hui)
3. ACAS Running Ninjas (Men’s Program; Team Leader: Ryan Tran)
4. ACAS in Action (CHAMPS by ACAS Team; Team Leader: Edison Luan)
Join Team ACAS in Action here:
5. Herricaine (Women’s Team; Team Leader: Noulmook Sutdhibhasilp)
Join Team Herricaine here:
For more information about registration, please visit http://run4acas.tumblr.com
To make a direct one-time general donation to ACAS, you can click on the following link:
Donations over $20 will be issued an electronic tax receipt.
Have you registered to become one of our runners/walkers to participate at the #ACAS25 #TOWaterfront42 Charity Challenge yet?
You can do so by visiting http://run4acas.tumblr.com.
For more information or contact Christian Hui at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-963-4300 ext 234.