This event has passed.
QTAY’s mandatory one-day training
August 14, 2021 / 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Do you to be a QTAY Peer Educator? Here’s your chance!
Come join our crew by attending QTAY’s mandatory one-day training on Saturday, August 14 from 2-5pm EST and go through an interview.We are looking for 3 peer leaders to work a 10-month contract (approx. Sept. 13, 2021 – June 30, 2022). You will be paid $15/hrs, 8hr/week (refer to “Discussion” tab on event page to view the official Job Posting). You must be able to work weekends and some evenings, but otherwise hours will be flexible.This position may be perfect for you if you want to…
- Learn new leadership and facilitation skills
- Make an impact in the Queer and Trans East and Southeast Asian community
- Increase your social support networks and meet amazing youth in the community…and more
- Submit your resume with 2 references by Wednesday, August 18 at 11:59pm.
- Attending the August 14 training will act as a cover letter of sorts, so don’t worry about that unless you felt you weren’t able to exhibit your skills at the training.
- We will call qualified peers for a job interview.
You can RSVP by using ONE of the following methods:
- E-mailing Dany at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clicking “attending/going” on our Facebook event page (please make sure to check your unread messages to see if you’ve received a confirmation from “Dominique Villanueva”)
- Direct Messaging (DM) us on our @queerasianyouth Instagram page Once you’ve RSVP’d, Dany will send you a zoom link closer to the training date!
TRAINING TOPICS: Group Facilitation, Peer Support, Navigating Emotional Triggers in the WorkplaceFeel free to email Dany at email@example.com at any time if you have any comments, concerns, or questions![ID: A purple watercolour boat sails on a blue sea with a whale and birds above. Purple text on a yellow background describes the event mentioned above.]