Type of Posting: Internal Job Posting for volunteers, and current employees
Position Status: part-time, contract, 17.5 hours/week
Closing Date: FRIDAY, September 26, 2014 (midnight)
Interview Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Hourly wage: $14-15, depending on qualifications
ACAS is currently seeking an individual who is highly organized, energetic, flexible and reliable individual who will be happy to keep the office running smoothly while providing administrative support to the Executive Director primarily, but also to other staff from time-to-time.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General office duties such as greeting office visitors, telephone reception, prepare and send outgoing mail, email, faxes and courier parcels, drinking water, photocopying, ordering prints, collating and assembly of documents.
- Ensure the reception and common areas are organized, clean and professional at all times
- Using spreadsheet and database software, to create, maintain and/or update the member database, donor, and mailing lists
- Maintain and update the office filing systems
- Assist in organizing board, and staff meetings, retreat, public awareness and fundraising events as required
- Manage internal and external space booking for program activities
- Maintains office and program supplies: monitors inventory, anticipates requirements, places orders & confirms receipt. Office and program supplies include stationary, condoms and lubes, educational materials, ACAS forms, cutlery and dishes, ACAS banners etc.
- Maintain office equipment and furniture (fridge, microwave oven, desks, chairs, laptop computers, LCD projectors, plants)
- Acquire price quotes, details of services, and/or products based on ACAS financial policy and procedure
- Proofread new print materials prior to production
Administrative support to the Executive Director
- Track major program deadlines (OCHART, final reports to funders) and follow-up with staff to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain a tracking system for HR such as staff’s professional development and report, time sheet, vacation schedule, opening-closing schedule
- Prepare responses to correspondence for ED’s signature
- Assist in planning and preparing training activities for staff/board, and new staff orientation
- Assist in reviewing operational procedures, guidelines, policy and other documents of the agency as appropriate
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS, LGBTTIQ issues
- Ability to work under the Anti-oppression and sex-positive framework
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications
- Proficient in web and email applications
- Flexible team player with a good attitude in interacting with people from diverse ethno-cultural background
- Ability to work efficiently despite interruptions
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner
- Demonstrated exceptional problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Reliable and prompt
- Ability to speak one of these East and Southeast Asian languages: Cambodian, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Lao, Korean, Japanese, Pilipino, Thai, Indonesian, Malay, Vietnamese, an asset
- Possess Driver’s License (G) Class is an asset
All interested applicants are invited to EMAIL a cover letter and a maximum 2-page current resume to
Subject heading: Administrative Assistant Job
We regret that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
ACAS supports employment equity. People from the East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities, LGBTTIQ, and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply. To enhance and maintain gender equity in the workplace, women and trans women are encouraged to apply.
ACAS Internal jobposting-admin assistant Sept14