Expressive Arts Therapy for gay Asian guys
February 2 / 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
FREE for East & Southeast Asian gay, bisexual, queer cis & trans men
You don’t need to be a professional artist to express yourself!
January 26 Postponed to February 2
Dates: Weekly, every Thursday for 6 weeks until March 9
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Location: ACAS (260 Spadina Ave, Unit 410)
Chinese buns for snacks will be provided.
Free art supplies will be provided. We encourage participants to attend all 6 sessions.
Sign up at: https://forms.gle/
These Expressive Arts Therapy sessions are provided through Hospice Toronto with a focus on the experiences of gay Asian men. This group takes place in a safe and meaningful environment where warmth, trust, and non-judgment abounds. Topics may include coming out, body image, sexual racism, family, dating, etc.
The purpose of this group is to provide gay Asian men with a safe place where they can express themselves through a variety of art modalities, share their stories, express their grief, and explore their feelings in a non-threatening way by:
- Remembering the past
- Redefining the present
- Re-creating the future
Our goals for expressive arts are to:
- Enable the expression of fear, anger, anxiety, and sadness through the arts
- Encourage the expression of deep inner feelings and thoughts
- Discover and tell the untold stories
- Provide an opening for both present and unresolved losses
- Find ways to say goodbye, speak unspoken words
- Provide opportunities for sharing memories and experiences of loss
- Provide support in a non-judgmental environment