Looking to join our team?
Thank you for your interest.
If you would like to be a part of our team as a volunteer, we are always recruiting. Please click here for more info on volunteering.
Follow our social media for the latest updates.
Women’s Support Coordinator
Application Deadline: April 29, 2021
Part Time, 21 hours/ week
Application Deadline: Monday, March 29, 2021
We are looking for a passionate and experienced person to fill a part-time contract position at ACAS. We support employment equity. Cis and Trans women living with HIV, and folks from the East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities:
• Work in collaboration with the Support team to plan, implement and evaluate the support services for HIV+ cis and trans women
• Provide case management – assessment, treatment and wellness follow-up planning, referrals, advocacy and other support as needed to clients, partners, and their families
• Coordinate practical services for clients and supervise volunteers
• Organize complementary therapies and educational workshops as needed
• Liaise and network with appropriate organizations for support and care, education, advocacy and referral
• Maintain program statistics, reports, evaluations, and client files
• College, a university degree in social work, social services, counselling, public health or at least 2 years of practical knowledge/work experience in the above areas
• Familiarity with and knowledge of issues faced by East & Southeast Asian women living with HIV
• Experience in basic and/or peer counselling
• Experience in case management and community development work
• Basic knowledge about HIV treatment and support
• Good communication and writing skills in English
• Experience in working and supervising volunteers
• Ability and willingness to collaborate, as well as work independently and creatively in a team setting
• Excellent ability to prioritize, delegate, and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work under a queer-positive, sex-positive, and anti-oppressive framework
• Basic computer skills: MS Office, Zoom
• Ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally
• Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese or Vietnamese is a must
Please send a cover letter, resume with 2 references by email to:
Subject: Job application – Women’s Support Coordinator
We regret that we will only contact candidates selected for interviews. Interviews will be conducted via zoom on May 4-6.