Looking to join our team?
Thank you for your interest.
If you would like to be a part of our team as a volunteer, we are always recruiting. Please click here for more info on volunteering.
Follow our social media for the latest updates.
PILLOW TALK COORDINATOR
Timeline: March-Mid May 2021
Application Deadline: Monday, March 22, 2021
We are looking for a passionate and energetic woman to organize Pillow Talk –the Sexual Health Community Forum for East and Southeast Asian cis, Trans women, and non-binary. Pillow Talk draws lessons from real-life experiences of cis and trans women. Format of the forum in the past are: a panel discussion, break out sessions, health promotion activities, HIV testing, and networking lunch. This is a peer-based position with $1,500 honorarium.
• Recruit and form a working group of 3-4 women volunteers to planthe virtual Pillow Talk Forum
• Work with the working group to plan and organize Pillow Talk
• Promote the forum and recruit 10-15 participants for each workshop
• Organize at least 4 virtual educational sessions that focus on sexual health, mental health, safety and holistic well-being
• Evaluate process and outcome of the project
• Prepare a final report for the funder
• Knowledge, interest, and experience in HIV/AIDS, healthy sexuality, harm reduction, and peer-based education concepts
• Demonstrated commitment to anti-homophobia, anti-transphobia, anti-sexism, anti-oppression, and healthy sexuality
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
• Self-directed, and willing to work flexible hours and on some weekends
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Skills in MS Office, social media, and Zoom
• Ability to prioritize, delegate, and handle multiple tasks
• Member of the East and Southeast Asian communities or experienced working with the East and Southeast Asian communities
• Fluent in one of the East and Southeast Asian languages an asset
Please send a cover letter, resume with 1 reference by email to:
Subject: Pillow Talk Forum Organizer
We regret that we will only contact candidates selected for interviews. Interviews will be conducted via zoom on March 25-26.
Women’s Support Coordinator
Part Time, 21 hours/ week
Application Deadline: Monday, March 29, 2021
We are looking for a passionate and experienced person to fill a part-time contract position at ACAS. We support employment equity. Cis and Trans women living with HIV, and folks from the East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities:
• Work in collaboration with the Support team to plan, implement and evaluate the support services for HIV+ cis and trans women
• Provide case management – assessment, treatment and wellness follow-up planning, referrals, advocacy and other support as needed to clients, partners, and their families
• Coordinate practical services for clients and supervise volunteers
• Organize complementary therapies and educational workshops as needed
• Liaise and network with appropriate organizations for support and care, education, advocacy and referral
• Maintain program statistics, reports, evaluations, and client files
• College, university degree in social work, social services, counselling, public health or at least 2 years of practical knowledge/work experience in the above areas
• Familiarity with and knowledge of issues faced by East & Southeast Asian women living with HIV
• Experience in basic and/or peer counselling
• Experience in case management and community development work
• Basic knowledge about HIV treatment and support
• Good communication and writing skills in English
• Experience in working and supervising volunteers
• Ability and willingness to collaborate, as well as work independently and creatively in a team setting
• Excellent ability to prioritize, delegate, and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work under a queer-positive, sex-positive, and anti-oppressive framework
• Basic computer skills: MS Office, Zoom
• Ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally
• Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese or Vietnamese is a must
Please send a cover letter, resume with 2 references by email to:
Subject: Job application – Women’s Support Coordinator
We regret that we will only contact candidates selected for interviews. Interviews will be conducted via zoom on April 1-2.