Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS) is a charitable, non-profit, community-based organization located in Toronto, Canada. We provide safer sex education and services to the East and Southeast Asian communities and support services to persons living with HIV/AIDS and members of the LGBTQ communities.
We at ACAS are committed to provide HIV/AIDS education, prevention, and support services to the East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities. Our programs are based on a pro-active and holistic approach to HIV/AIDS and are provided in a collaborative, empowering, and non-discriminatory manner.
- to reduce the infection of HIV/AIDS by promoting public awareness on HIV/AIDS prevention and safer sex in the Asian communities.
- to provide comprehensive and culturally appropriate support, education, and outreach services to Asians and Asians infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in a non-discriminatory and non-judgmental manner.
- to enhance the well-being of Asians infected and affected by HIV/AIDS by providing direct services, increasing their control over their own health, and by promoting a supportive environment in the larger community
- to promote a supportive environment to Asians infected and affected by HIV/AIDS by increasing access to services and by reducing racism, homophobia and AIDS-phobia
- to increase networking and collaboration among the Asian communities and HIV/AIDS services in Canadian society
On World AIDS Day, December 1, 1994, three of the AIDS groups serving the Southeast Asian communities in Toronto formed a new coalition agency: Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS). A new agency to meet the needs and be the voice of the East and Southeast Asian community.
HIV and LGBTQ+ issues continue to be a struggle for many in our communities and ACAS continues to organize concerted community efforts in addressing these on-going challenges year after year.
ACAS History Timeline
ACAS History Timeline (Click to View)
As science and HIV treatment continues to progress and evolve, so has ACAS. We are always engaged in new and innovative projects to help further the sharing of information and support services to the LGBTQ+ and HIV+ communities of whom we serve and were founded for.
Languages of Service
We at ACAS strive to provide the most culturally and linguistically appropriate services to our East and Southeast Asian service users. Our staff can currently provide services in the following languages: Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Japanese, Malay, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese, and we have capacity to seek linguistic support in Indonesian, Korean, Laotian.
If you require assistance in any of the above languages, please contact us at (416) 963-4300 or toll free at 1-877-630-2227 and one of our staff members will be happy to help you.
Our website is integrated with Google Translate and is designed to help make our site more accessible to meet your needs. Please bear in mind that the translated information by Google might not be accurate all the time.