Volunteer Program is currently recruiting for
Objective: To provide administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director and Program Coordinators as required. To act as ACAS frontline reception and direct clients and visitors to the appropriate services in a manner that is in line with ACAS guidelines and principles.
Time Commitment: minimum 3 months commitment / 3 hours per week
Current available shifts for this role are as follows:
1st shift: 11 am – 2 pm
2nd shift: 2 pm – 5 pm (or 3 pm – 6 pm)
1st shift: 11 am – 2pm
- knowledge of office procedures – phone etiquette, filing, organizational skills, computer skills (MS Office)
- good communication and social skills
- client-centered, sensitive, non-judgmental, and ability to work with diverse communities
- basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS transmission and prevention and willingness to increase knowledge through training and personal study
- awareness of relevant Asian community resources and services, client needs assessment, and referral skills an asset
- mature, responsible, reliable and self-starter
- knowledge of an East Asian and/or South-East Asian language an asset
Training & Placement: Volunteer is required to attend specific volunteer orientation training and Core Skills Training. You will also receive special training specific to this role.
Evaluation: Performance will be reviewed and evaluated by the volunteer program coordinator every 2 months.
For more details or if interested, please contact Trisha directly at